Listen

Lucky dog saved from choking on tennis ball by paramedics

It was a lucky dog whose owners were around to discover it had chocked on a tennis ball and called paramedics to the rescue.

The dog’s owners called 911 around 10:40 p.m. New Year’s Eve to report their large dog was unresponsive after choking on a tennis ball, said Lisa Derderian of the Pasadena Fire Department.
Firefighters and emergency personnel arrived at the home and helped take the ball out of the dog's throat and administered oxygen, she said.
The dog, which woke up shortly after being treated is expected to be just fine after its near-death experience.
"The dog's owners were told to take the dog to the veterinarian for a check-up and the good news is it's okay," Derderian said. "It's a great way to start New Year's Day."